Frequently Asked Questions

What if I receive a gift while I am in the USA ?

While you are abroad, you can send gifts duty and tax free to friends in Canada under certain conditions. To qualify, each gift has to be worth $60 or less and cannot be an alcoholic beverage, a tobacco product, or advertising matter. If the gift is worth more than $60, the recipient will have to pay regular duty on the excess amount.

It is always a good idea to include a gift card to avoid any misunderstanding. While gifts you send from abroad do not count as part of your personal exemption, gifts you bring back do.

Can I have parcels sent to the Meadows?

If you are having a parcel sent, you MUST have the Members name, Division & Site number on the label. (Otherwise, it will be refused and sent back!)
The WEIGHT LIMIT OF PARCELS IS: 15 lbs maximum.
The SIZE LIMIT OF A PARCEL IS: 2 feet x 2 feet x 3 feet.
Parcels delivered to WMCA is a service ONLY for Members whose names are on the “Certificate of Membership” as a service to them.

This does not include families or friends listed on the “permanent guest list”, as permanent guests are only guests and NOT members.

Too many times, we have had parcels delivered for family members or friends, who are not listed on the members list or fake business names!  We have had a lot of Members come in and were shocked at the fact that friends or family members have sent parcels here. If you are not a Member, we suggest that you send your parcels to Hagen’s of Blaine located at 816 Peace Portal Drive, Blaine, WA 98230. Their phone number is 360-332-5246 or check out their website at: for all of your shipping needs.
The Member Services office is small and not equipped to handle large volumes of parcels.

Thank you!

So, my parcel was refused, where do I go to get it?

Here are the addresses of the parcel delivery companies:

“Hold for Pick-Up”
Your Name
1369 Pacific Drive
Burlington, WA 98233
The call center number for the US is: 480-636-2571
DHL will hold parcels for pick-up for 5 business days or longer, if you call in and make the over-time arrangements.

They do not have packages sent to their Will Call Center, but the parcels will be delivered to the Meadows. When the Member Services Office, refuses the parcel, the driver will fill out a “Will Call” slip, which will be put in the members file. The package will be taken to the distribution center and be held for 7 days. Hours for pickup: Monday-Friday 3:30pm to 7pm.
The address is:
1620 Port Dr
Burlington, WA 98233
Phone is 1-800-742-5877
(Using your mouse, right click and highlight, the link below and paste onto your browser, for the location and hours)., WA&mapVendorSessionKey=Ap6u297a6CTX4umCRIOqpofFREXe236qrY8U-W1HxYHdcok_GunjmlFJ1dxkRA8l

FEDEX (Air Delivery)
11674 Higgins Airport Drive
Burlington, WA 98233

FEDEX ( Home Delivery-Ground)
2000 South Walnut Drive
Burlington, WA 98233
Phone number is 1-800-GO-FEDEX or you can call the Burlington Headquarters at: 360-428-3410
When an oversized/overweight parcel is sent to the Meadows, they will be refused and FEDEX will leave a “Will Call” slip, so we can put it in the Members file. On immediate contact FEDEX will hold the parcel for 5 business days. Their hours are Monday-Friday 10:00am to 5:30pm; Saturday 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
*Please note: We will let the Member know, when a parcel has been refused, so that they will be able to call right away and make arrangements for pick up.
(For the FedEx locations in Burlington right click on the link below and paste onto your browser).

US Postal Service – Sedro Woolley, WA – 111 Woodworth Street, Sedro-Woolley. ( Right click, using your mouse, on the link below and highlight. Copy and paste, into your browser, for the hours of operation and map).

When Are My Dues Due??

Dues are billed every 4 months with a paper statement mailed to each member, as well as, electronically via email.
They are all sent out a MONTH before they are due.
The due dates are:
* January 1st
* May 1st
* September 1st
If your dues are not received by the 10th of the month, you will be assessed a $50.00 late charge PLUS 1 1/2% per month on the past due account per month.
We have some members who pay a little each time they come in, to help offset the dues bill, when it comes in.
If you would like to read more on dues etc. we suggest you to read more about in in the Rules & Regulation book, checking under By-Laws & Constitution. If you do not have a copy, we have current copies available at the front gate.

Can I bring my puppy or kitten into the U.S.A. from Canada?

Click on the link to read about the requirements 🙂


WAVE cable…How do I contact them to get internet?

You can contact our WAVE representative: Theresa Tsukahara, by phoning her at 360-722-1281 or by email at:

Where do we dispose of building materials??

If My Guest Cancels A Rental That I Have Reserved…Will I Be Charged?

Rental Sites:

Rule 6.05

(f) Cancellation notice is required at least 1 week prior to the arrival date of their rental. A fee will apply as shown in Appendix 1. (Amended May 2013)

Appendix 1

c) Cancellation fees: (Amended May 2013)

1.) $35.00 after September Labor Day Long Weekend up to the Canadian May Long Weekend.

$70.00 from the Canadian May Long Weekend through the September Labor Day Long Weekend

I would like to bring in a Golf Cart…What do I need to do?

When you bring in a golf cart, we will need to have a copy of the insurance, covering your golf cart. (Most trailer insurances, will add the golf cart, to your trailer insurance policy.)

You can email, or drop off a copy of your insurance and we will then issue you a plate, for your golf cart to go on the back. We will also issue to you, a letter (for your division) and numbers (for your site), so that you can place them on the windshield of your golf cart.

We have found that having the letter and numbers on the front, help other drivers to see you, while you are driving around at night. We want you to stay safe!

Remember, if you have a child/grandchild/niece/nephew that are between the ages of 13 years of age and 16. They will need to have a “Whatcom Meadows Golf Cart I.D.” You will have to come down to the front gate and we will have the adult Member fill out the form, take a photo of the driver to be and give them a laminated “Golf Cart I.D.” In order to drive the golf cart on WMCA property, they will need to have it with them, at all times.

Per Rule 4.05 (d) 1: Golf carts cannot be driven after 8:00 pm or dusk (whichever comes first) without a driver’s license. *This does NOT include WMCA golf cart I.D. cards.

Lastly, Golf carts are not to be driven on the trails or on greenbelts! The trails start off at the outer loop road where the signs are located.

We want to bring in an ORV! What do we need to do?

Any ORV that a MEMBER brings in, MUST be INSPECTED before it can be used at WMCA. We will also need proof of your insurance, where you can drop off a copy or give to the inspector, to put with the check off sheet. Once you return the check off sheet, and insurance to the front gate, you will receive a plate to put on your ORV.

For more information please contact our Bike Director…look under “Contact Us”

We have friends or other family members who have an ORV…can they bring it in to use at WMCA?

Sorry, but only MEMBERS whose names are on the Membership Certificate, can bring in an ORV to use in the park.
If the Member purchased one, had it inspected and insured, they can allow their friends and other family members use theirs here at WMCA.

Any friends or other family members, who are renting a site or visiting and happen to bring an ORV in, will be asked to park the ORV and will not be allowed to use it at WMCA.

How much merchandise can I bring back without paying duty / taxes ?

After each absence of 24 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$50 worth of goods without paying any duties. This is your personal exemption. You must have the goods with you when you arrive and you cannot include tobacco products or alcoholic beverages in this exemption. If the goods you bring in are worth more than CAN$50 in total, you cannot claim this exemption. Instead you have to pay full duties on all goods you bring in.

After each absence of 48 hours or more

You can claim up to CAN$400 worth of goods without paying any duties. You must have the goods with you when you arrive. Although you can include some tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, a partial exemption may apply to cigarettes, tobacco products or manufactured tobacco. See the section called “Alcohol and tobacco” for more details.

After each absence of 7 days or more

You can claim up to CAN$750 worth of goods without paying any duties. Although you can include some tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, a partial exemption may apply to cigarettes, tobacco products or manufactured tobacco. See the section called “Alcohol and tobacco” for more details. With the exception of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages, you do not need to have the goods with you when you arrive.

How much alcohol can I bring back ?

You are allowed to import only one of the following amounts of alcohol free of duty and taxes:

1.5 litres (53 imperial ounces) of wine;
1.14 litres (40 ounces) of liquor;
a total of 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of wine and liquor; or
24 x 355 millilitre (12 ounces) cans or bottles (maximum of 8.5 litres) of beer or ale

Where can I find more information about items I need to declare?